Whenever you are launching a marketing campaign with promotional products, you need to spend a considerable amount of time in selecting the right product. If you have already run such campaigns for your brand, you would know how imperfect choices could change the direction of the curve completely. You need to go by careful set of criteria while selecting your promotional products. If this is your first time, here are few guidelines to help you get started in the right direction.
- Always start with the end in mind – What exactly do you want to achieve through the promotional campaign? This will be the starting point of all your preparations.
- Select the promotional products based on the target group and how many people you want to reach. For example, if you want to target people who come to a popular commerce and trade exhibition the walk-ins to your stall is likely to be high and you may need to select something like promotional keychains as opposed to selecting something expensive like promotional power banks. On the other hand, if you want to target your existing customers and send them something nice during the holiday season you might choose something like a promotional umbrella and promotional umbrellas are available at various price points.
- Regardless of your budget, always select something that is very useful for your target group. For example, if you are going to give away power banks to senior citizens then they are not likely to use them but on the other hand, if your target group is going to be youth or middle-aged population then a power bank will be useful for them.
- The promotional product should be highly durable and should be of exceptional quality. Never compromise on the quality of the promotional products that you purchase. If you have a limited budget, then select something that matches your budget and not try to cut corners compromising on the quality or else you will not be able to get the desired results.
- You should be able to customize the promotional products you choose with your logo and your brand name and such customizations should be easily visible.
- In an effort to be different, do not select products that have a fancy look but does not serve any useful purpose for the users. You need to be creative but at the same time, it should be easy to use.
- Select a product that people use on a daily basis. For example, if you share with them a photo album, they will fill them with their photos and toss it into the drawer. It will see the light of the day only once in a few years. On the other hand, when you give away a promotional tote bag, they are likely to use them more frequently.
You just need to take a very practical approach when you are selecting your promotional items and you are sure to make the right choices.